Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Potluck Wednesday at the Holy Road House

The last couple of days has been all about cooking. Cooking food, cooking up ideas for how to improve the House. Yesterday I cooked up not one but three quiches. Denise dropped by and we shared most of one, fresh from the oven. Yum. Today is potluck day but I thought no one would show up. But Pam called and came over about 6 p.m., then Bean walked in the door. I made my first ever totally vegetarian stew and it turned out great. Scott Wilson and Kaos both called, checking in, saying howdy, and Kaos says he'll drop off a disc with photos on his way to work tomorrow so I can put them on the web. Made an appointment with Matt to mix the Cabaret audio this Saturday too. Bean is staying upstairs the rest of this week. The three of us talked about the coop, the "collective", a term Bean used and it felt good so I used it too, what it means to us, what we hope to contribute and get from it all. A good spirited discussion, even with just three of us. We miss Lizzie and Baba but the House has its own spirit which speaks to us and through us and affirms the vision of lives made healthier and more fulfilling through cooperative and creative efforts.

I shared a couple of my stories with Pam, who was an appreciative audience, and I sent her off with a copy of "Rabbit's Story". She is struggling to create too - compositions, the passion of her youth, as writing is of mine.

We grow creatively by doing and by sharing. Cooking, sharing, eating together. The Holy Road House and the emerging coop makes this all much easier to do. I thank the spirits of north, east, south, and west once again before going to bed.

No comments: