Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Anti-Entropy in Action


I know it must get tiresome to read, blog after blog, "I've had such a wonderful day!" No one can have a good time all the time.

I had another great day today.

But for a little different reason than my usual. Today I began to see the basement of the Holy Road House emerge into a livable space, and one where we can make great music - and will this Saturday night with the Convergence Conspiracy Collective's Psychoto-electro Arkestra.

It's a teen dream lounge: private, quiet, TV and VCR and DVD and surround sound music. Double bed and couch and coffee table. And, in the same room (hee hee), a performance stage and recording studio! How cool is that!

Okay. But I'm not a teen, at least not in years. But I am a musician, and I do like movies on TV and a place to, you know, relax and stuff, and this place has got that happening. And it's just dusty and messy enough to be truly comfortable. So I guess that tells you what kind of slob I must be at heart. I admit it and I'm not ashamed of it.

I also assembled my new PC up in my room this morning. Doesn't work yet, but hey it looks so cool with its Ninja blade logo over the side fan, its ultra hotrod CPU and all black and shiny chrome case. I felt the way I used to feel as a kid in my room putting together a new plastic jet plane from a kit, patiently applying the decals with my glue-smudged fingers. What joy.

So if it's good to feel like a kid once in a while, then this was, you know, a really great day.

2 comments:

shali_isdes said...

:)
see you in July!

miker said...

Sooo looking forward to it. Hot and moist immersion in another reality for two weeks!