Monday, April 16, 2007

A New Kind of Monday

G'morning love, I walked to Lakota this morning and explored the charms of a 21 chapter outline, poured what I know of the Lazlo Kovaks story into it to see how it fit, and it seemed to fit, and walked back and lo on the seat of my scooter, a gift from Denise - a keyboard and mouse for my downstairs PC. No more pulling the plugs out two or three times a day and plugging them into the other machine to either write or to check e-mail and blog. I am so grateful, as i say and sing each morning upon rising and walking.

A nice bit of business planning and thinking session this morning with Lizzie, then grocery shopping and a bit of cleanup after lunch with Lizzie and Mike Cooper and Bart Bean and spirited conversation; work with the interns a bit and they're great: they sweep the floors and stairs and get out stains and I do the kitchen and bathroom and the house is feeling better by the moment. Then to work on house biz, right? But my good friend and former bandmate Shane Ferguson calls and drops in. He needs to know the three chords he's making on guitar - bar chords with the fingers in an E position, so what is this chord? Well, I say, it's an A. Then a C. Then a G, then a D. And he checks and, yes, behold, the progression is A C G D all right, how cool!

And a nice chat and Shane offers to make his famous home-made apple pie for our Wednesday potluck and I'm excited because I've had his apple pie, see, with ice cream no less, and you bet I'm gonna get those apples tomorrow and have them all cut up for him Wednesday afternoon.

Nice visit and Shane finally leaves. Back to work, right? Back to the task at hand, back to House biz. And the doorbell rings and it's my friend Brian, who I have not seen in many too many moons and have missed and we hug and talk and talk and talk and go downstairs and listen to the entire C3 show from last week and talk and talk. And finally it's well after 10 p.m. and I realize I haven't done this evening's blog yet.

So here I am, wrestling with a straight keyboard when I'm so used to the split one and my fingers don't quite know where to go yet. And the lesson of the day seems to be, live it moment by moment. Instead of planning the House Coop today, I spent it doing it. There's always tomorrow for the rest, right?

I yam grateful, so grateful, so grateful yall ... night night.

No comments: