Sunday, May 20, 2007

Troubadors Weekend

Alisa and I tripped over to Bellville Illinois Saturday to visit our great friend Suzibird and her menagerie of parrots. Then up to Edwardsville to the oddly named "Stagger Inn" cafe and bar for what turned out to be a wonder show featuring the Duct Tape Duo Trio, this time as a quartet with our buddy Jeff Wheeler, and following them, the amazing Troubadors of Divine Bliss.

Folks kept buying me drinks and despite that, I had a great time. The next day we enjoyed a fine breakfast of scrambled eggs with pepperjack cheese and bagels, then went to an art fair and were fully awakened finally by Roscoe Beano and seven of his friends and family (again featuring Jeff Wheeler on djembe). Incredible wild energy all around, especially for that time of day.

Sad to say, I accidentally deleted all my photos of the Troubadors, but they will be back. I look forward to hosting them at the Holy Road House this fall. I believe they are hosting Lizzie and Baba as I write this at their place in Indiana. They completely blew me away, even though I was prepped to expect that to happen. Two of the smartest and bravest women I've met.

No comments: