Sunday, March 25, 2007

One Full Week in the Tumbleweed Hotel

The "Holy Road House" is still that, and probably always will be to me. But it's also the "Tumbleweed Hotel" as Lizzie's performance evolves, and I very much like that name too.

I moved in last Sunday afternoon. It's been a week. Of course it's too early to have set down real roots or carved real grooves here. Of course I'm still a newbie (my life story, innit!). But it feels like I'm putting down roots. It feels like I've already begun to find new rhythms, to carve the new Song of my Life.

Our weekly show last evening featured Lezlie Revelle from Kansas City performing her original songs. Sweet, intelligent, courageous. Then Lizzie and Tony performed Act Two of the Tumbleweed Cabaret to a fun houseful of supportive folk. It was moving - smoothly presented (endless scripting and rehearsals paid off, you guys!), felt intimate and closely felt, evoking Tears of Remembrance in us all. James served as Greek Chorus at the opener and demonstrated his own well honed dramatic skills.

But that was just the highlight of the week for me. I am howling, inside and out, every time I think about how bountiful the universe is and has been, and how much joy and wisdom seems to be blossoming forth on this planet, and especially at this place, the Tumbleweed Hotel in Columbia, Missouri, USA, planet Giaia. I look forward to living in the NOW each week, month, year doing this work.

No comments: