Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Climbing the Mountain - Slowly

Every day takes on a new and different character here from my former life. Wednesdays, at least for now, is Get All the Holy Road Gardners Together to Howl day. Tonight we had a wonderful dinner and talk with core members Alisa, Kaos, Mike Clark, Pam, Alicia and Ron, and Shane Ferguson, who gave a fun talk about his organization, Access Arts. We even had a drop in by Dick Cravens, who came over to loan me a monitor for my upstairs tower. Then we all convened to the kitchen and whacked out the final paint job. Mike Clark has amazing energy, both as a "house artist" and as a visionary contributor to the Holy Road.

This is what my walk toward town looks like these days. The bus station and beyond. This morning I was walking to breakfast at Ernie's, a new exercise for me and an old, old one for some Columbians. This is close to deja-vu for me. When I first moved to this town in 1980, we discovered Ernie's immediately and right away knew we were among intelligent, copacetic souls.

I spent my first night on the third floor of the Tumbleweed Hotel. I'm still getting in shape but for now that walk up - and down - and up - and down again was wearing. Good for me, this physical exercise, after years of too little of it. I couldn't sleep well and woke up late. So off to Ernie's and coffee and eggs.

Mike Clark and Baba and Lizzie primed the kitchen walls yesterday while I set up my PC and got to work on a friend's web site, a long overdue project. Baba has been doing short videos of this project, amazingly fun and well done. You can view them on his blog.

All in all, another fine long day on the Road.

No comments: